[Printing-summit] Is six months too often for large Printing Summits?

Ulrich Wehner uwehner at lanier.com
Wed Nov 1 06:43:43 PST 2006

Ido,

yearly will work for me. What kind of facilities do you all have at IBM in
Haifa? When is a good time to have it? (Weather?)

Regards
Uli Wehner
Solutions Engineer
(770) 493 2324

Ido Levy <IDOL at il.ibm.com>
Sent by: printing-summit-bounces at lists.freestandards.org
11/01/2006 09:00

printing-summit at lists.freestandards.org
cc

Subject
Re: [Printing-summit] Is six months too often for large Printing Summits?

Hi All,

I vote for an yearly Open Printing summit.

Best Regards,

Ido Levy
IBM Haifa Labs, Israel
Office +972 4 8281082

Haifa Labs Linux web site: http://linux.haifa.ibm.com

             "McDonald, Ira"
             <imcdonald at sharpl
             abs.com>                                                   To

             Sent by:                  printing-summit at lists.freestandards

             printing-summit-b         .org
             ounces at lists.free                                          cc

             standards.org
                                                                   Subject

                                       [Printing-summit] Is six months too

             27/10/2006 14:01          often for large Printing
                                       Summits?

Hi,

Shiyun Yie (HP) suggested to Till Kamppeter
and me that perhaps six months is too often
to have our large group meet for a Printing
Summit, because of planning leadtimes and
travel budget constraints for many people.

Till and I suggest that we alternate every
six months between a small FSG Open Printing
project meeting every spring and our larger
Printing Summit every fall.

But we should also have frequent small meetings
with the Open Usability team (e.g., every three
months) to make more rapid progress on the GUI
work.  Till suggested that the next meeting
with the Open Usability team be in Germany,
for the convenience of the Open Usability team.

The PWG Steering Committee (we met last night)
is very pleased to have co-located meetings with
FSG Open Printing people.

Please send your comments to the mailing list.

It was a real pleasure seeing you all this week.

Cheers,
- Ira

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839