[Printing-summit] Is six months too often for large Printing Summits?

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Fri Oct 27 05:17:05 PDT 2006

Hello,

On Oct 27 05:01 McDonald, Ira wrote (shortened):
> Shiyun Yie (HP) suggested to Till Kamppeter
> and me that perhaps six months is too often
> to have our large group meet for a Printing
> Summit, because of planning leadtimes and
> travel budget constraints for many people.

Yes!

> Till and I suggest that we alternate every
> six months between a small FSG Open Printing
> project meeting every spring and our larger
> Printing Summit every fall.

Because of the travel budget constraints I suggest to have
the larger Printing Summit every spring (i.e. after February
to avoid getting deep-frozen) because usually companies
do their budget planning per year and travel budgets which
are are full in spring are empty in fall.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstrasse 5      Mail: jsmeix at suse.de