[Printing-summit] Application level standards

Josef Spillner spillner at kde.org
Thu Oct 19 00:52:35 PDT 2006

Hello Ian,

Am Mittwoch, 18. Oktober 2006 15:22 schrieben Sie:
> We'll then have a 15 minute break at 10:45am, followed by an additional
> hour for application level stuff. I'd like to touch on Gnome, KDE, and
> Portland here; I know we have at least one KDE developer present
> (Josef Spillner), and Waldo Bastian will be in attendance as
> well. Josef/Waldo: Would you be willing to present on
> the KDE and Portland printing facilities/plans, respectively?

I can give a basic overview about KDE printing mechanisms, although I still
await some detail information about it from the maintainers since I haven't
been involved in its development.
According to the schedule I'll get 10 minutes, that should be ok for what I
can cover.
Favourably I'm going to include some "UI future" topics based on discussions
the day before in the parallel track on research/usability. There is already
a slot for the results of the track on Wednesday so this seems to fit in
there.

Josef