[Printing-summit] Application level standards

Ian Murdock imurdock at imurdock.com
Wed Oct 18 06:22:08 PDT 2006

I've added a 30 minute slot for review of the previous day and a "bigger
picture" perspective, which nicely removes the lunch break in the middle
of the driver level standards sessions, which now begin after lunch. We
now have a 9:30 - 10:00am talk from Mike Sweet about CUPS, following
by a 10:00am - 10:45am discussion about CUPS, PAPI, and
the future of application level standards as they pertain to LSB 4.0.

We'll then have a 15 minute break at 10:45am, followed by an additional
hour for application level stuff. I'd like to touch on Gnome, KDE, and
Portland here; I know we have at least one KDE developer present
(Josef Spillner), and Waldo Bastian will be in attendance as
well. Josef/Waldo: Would you be willing to present on
the KDE and Portland printing facilities/plans, respectively?

Is anyone available to speak about the Gnome/Gtk equivalents?

-ian
--
Ian Murdock
317-863-2590