[Printing-summit] Printing summit, new session request

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 14:18:06 PDT 2006

George Liu wrote:
> Till,
>
> Per my experience, some Linux distributions were not fully aware of the
> changes/updates made in Foomatic packages, and have some confusion on
> how to build their own printer driver packages.
>
> I think it would be great if you can give a short presentation in a
> parallel session for Linux distros on "How to build printer driver
> package"
>
> It could cover:
> . From which repository (3.0/3.1) to get latest Foomatic-rip
> . Manufacture's PPDs in Foomatic-db
> . foomatic driver script in /usr/lib/cups/driver
>
> WDYT?

I think it is a good idea in principle, but I cannot do a long parallel
session, as I have to be present in the plenary room on most of the
other sessions. Perhaps I could do such a thing for 2 or 3 hours. Or if
there is interest by the manufacturers I could do an evening session,
but then they have to provide a room for the session.