[Printing-summit] Printing summit, new session request

George Liu george.liu at ussj.ricoh.com
Mon Oct 16 11:16:09 PDT 2006

Till,

Per my experience, some Linux distributions were not fully aware of the
changes/updates made in Foomatic packages, and have some confusion on
how to build their own printer driver packages.

I think it would be great if you can give a short presentation in a
parallel session for Linux distros on "How to build printer driver
package"

It could cover:
. From which repository (3.0/3.1) to get latest Foomatic-rip
. Manufacture's PPDs in Foomatic-db
. foomatic driver script in /usr/lib/cups/driver

WDYT?

George