[Printing-summit] Printer/driver testing and certification

Stark, Jens Jens.Stark at seeg.sharp-eu.com
Mon Aug 21 06:21:37 PDT 2006

Till wrote: =

>Further testing only can be done with the actual printer and no distro
>vendor has all existing printers which were ever available on the
>market. Therefore it would be great if manufacturers could do the actual
>printing testing.

...and they would, if there was one well-defined procedure for it.
"Claim compatibility by running half a day worth of tests" is MUCH better t=
han "Pay $30000 to someone who will run tests we don't know anything about.=
" :)

A certain software manufacturer in Germany has a test suite that takes AGES=
 to run and is a real PITA. But anything shorter than that will be easily a=
dopted and might end up as a standard procedure in printer development. :)

Best,
   Jens