[Printing-summit] What are the most common small-office
till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 07:04:03 PDT 2006
I would suggest the following:
- 1 HP multi-function with inkjet printer, scanner, card reader, fax,
USB, ethernet (HP inkjet plus extra functions via HPLIP, SANE,
- 1 Epson multi-function with inkjet printer, scanner, card reader, USB
(Epson inkjet plus extra functions via usb-storage, SANE,
- 1 Samsung GDI laser printer (common GDI printer with GhostScript
- 1 HP LaserJet 1000/1005/1018/1020 (GDI laser printer which needs its
firmware loaded from the computer)
- 1 PCL laser printer (common printer with GhostScript driver)
- 1 small PostScript laser (also common printer type)
At least one of the lasers should have "Installable Options" in its PPDs
(to test printer setup tools).
As you asked for a "small office" printer here, I do not suggest a large
format inkjet (like HP DesignJet) or a high-end multi-function laser
(like Ricoh or Lanier).
Fujinaka, Todd wrote:
> I hope this is an appropriate list to ask this question.
> I'm setting up a small local lab with a half-dozen small-office
> printers, mainly for interoperability checks. One suggestion was to get
> a good mix of technology, age, and manufacturers, but I can't find any
> data on which printers are the most common. If anyone has any data,
> please let me know. Otherwise, I'll just select what's available at the
> local office store and I don't know if that will be a proper sample.
More information about the Printing-summit