[Desktop_printing] Ghostscript leading edge is now GPL!

Hin-Tak Leung hintak_leung at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 29 02:00:50 PDT 2006

Osamu MIHARA wrote:
<snipped>
> The code is still under control of Artifex.  If you try to apply patches
> into it, the licenses of the patches should have non-GPL license such as
> MIT.  Otherwise, Artifex cannot use them for their commercial version of
> GS. (Although I don't know the relationship between Artifex GS and AFPL GS.)

(speaking with no authority, just my observation of ghostscript IRC chats and
cvs check-in messages). Artifex GS have a few optional commercially
licensed components, such as a jpeg2000 implementation and some extra
font related API's in additional to what's in AFPL GS, controlled by
./configure switches and defines in Makefiles.

HT