[Desktop_printing] PAPI for CUPS: Volunteers needed!

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Wed Jun 28 10:39:20 PDT 2006

Giuseppe Ghibò wrote:
> Why this generally doesn't happen? Problems about warranty? [e.g. I
> modify the firmware, damage the device and then ask for repairing under
> warranty?].

In general, lawyers in the US are very conservative.  You provide your
content under the most restrictive terms possible, and only relax
them if you absolutely have to.

In the case of firmware files (or PPD files, or any other support
file required for a device), I've never found a single vendor that
was unwilling to provide us with the necessary files freely, mainly
because it helps to drive more sales... :)  For the companies that
don't, keep asking until they give in or go out of business...