[Desktop_printing] PAPI for CUPS: Volunteers needed!

Giuseppe Ghibò ghibo at mandriva.com
Wed Jun 28 07:55:02 PDT 2006

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh ha scritto:

> On Thu, 22 Jun 2006, Norm Jacobs wrote:
>
>>So, presumably CDDL will suffice.  I can look at re-targeting the
>

> CDDL is GPL-incompatible, at least according to the FSF and Debian.  (refer
> to http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/license-list.html).  As parts of a CUPS
> system are GPL, it is probably a good idea to choose another license that
> has no doubts on its GPL compatibility.

Sorry the OT, but what about all the drivers (including printer, scanners
and wireless) that works only if a binary firmware in the device memory
(firmware which is not free and which generally can't be even freely
redistributed) is uploaded before.

I've asked a comment about this some month ago, but I don't have seen
any answer.

Bye
Giuseppe.