[Desktop_printing] [Fwd: Need Your Help in Planning an Open Drivers Conference]

John Cherry cherry at osdl.org
Thu Jun 22 15:35:02 PDT 2006

Sorry for top posting.

Anybody planning to attend OSCON this year in Portland (July 24-28)?

The Open Drivers Conference (going on in parallel with OSCON) would
benefit from a description of the "Linux printing" style of printer
driver development and deployment of those drivers.  Basically, it is
the linuxprinting.org style of development/deployment.  This differs
drastically from kernel drivers (storage, network adapters, fibre
channel adapters, etc.).  The kernel guys are going to be describing the
kernel driver development process.  It would be great to include the
user level driver process as well.

This is a great opportunity for fame and glory!  Let me know if you are
interested.  The topic would be of most interest if it were presented by
one of the printer vendors.

As a bonus, you would get to visit Portland in July which is a beautiful
time in the pacific northwest.

Cheers,
John Cherry
OSDL DTL