[Desktop_printing] PAPI for CUPS: Volunteers needed!

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Thu Jun 22 06:39:03 PDT 2006

Till Kamppeter wrote:
> Oi,
>
> some time ago I have posted a feature rquest for CUPS to add PAPI:
>
> http://www.cups.org/str.php?L1767
>
> Mike Sweet has answered to the request now, telling that he will not
> have the time to implement this for CUPS 1.3. So we would need
> volunteers to implement PAPI for CUPS as a separate project, as part of
> http://openprinting.sf.net/, or as a contribution to the CUPS project.

Just to follow-up on this, CUPS 1.3 is scheduled for release this
fall, so contributed code will need to be received prior to September
to be incorporated into 1.3.  Also, contributions to CUPS either need
to have the copyright assigned to ESP or be licensed such that we can
redistribute the code as part of CUPS which is distributed in free
and non-free/less-free forms - MIT/BSD-style licensing is fine for
this...