[Desktop_printing] Building PAPI implementation

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmx.net
Wed May 17 06:28:03 PDT 2006

Now I am trying to build the PAPI package from
http://openprinting.sourceforge.net/ I am building the current
Subversion state, rev 164.

There I have encountered some problems:

- At first I needed to patch the build infrastructure a little bit to
make it compiling the Apache support. The patch on the acinclude.m4 file
you can find here:

http://www.linuxprinting.org/till/tmp/papi-1.0-acinclude-m4-apache-apr1.patch

- Then I had a problem building the software, as
source/mod_ipp/mod_ipp.c includes the file apr_compat.h in case of
building with Apache support. According to

http://www.apache.org/dist/apr/CHANGES-APR-1.2

this header file was removed on the transition from APR 0.9.5 to 1.0.0
and I have 1.2.7 on Mandriva's Cooker. So here the Apache module needs
to be updated to the current Apache/APR API.

   Till