[Printing-architecture] Re: [Desktop_printing] Re: Trying out sample implementation of japanese OpenPrinting efforts

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmx.net
Tue May 16 01:49:50 PDT 2006

TORATANI Yasumasa wrote:

> We will discuss this issue on the japan side mailing list.
> I guess you need a single job cancellation, and do not have to support
> multiple StartJob/EndJob/CancelJob, is it correct?

As far as I understand, a regular job is started with StartJob and ends
with EndJob, no multiple calls of these functions. And I understand a
job cancel as being done by sending a SIGTERM to the renderer and then
the renderer catches the signal, calls CancelJob, closes the connection,
and exits. The CancelJob function implemented in the driver library
should close down the job in a way so that the printer gets back to
accepting new jobs.

I do not know where multiple StartJob/EndJob/CancelJob would be needed.