[Desktop_printing] My suggestions for Ira on the LSB meeting

John Cherry cherry at osdl.org
Fri Apr 21 09:34:34 PDT 2006

I am copying Rajesh Banginway on this thread since Rajesh is heading up
the desktop LSB effort.  As we discussed at the summit...

Certified drivers + Certified distros = working printing system

Till's email below describes a phased approach to what would be needed
in the "Certified distros" part to support a working printing system.
The ultimate goal will be to standardize around the FSG OpenPrinting
interfaces, but Till has described the transitional requirements.

John