[Desktop_printing] Microsoft XPS specification

Hin-Tak Leung hintak_leung at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Apr 21 05:04:44 PDT 2006

--- Kurt Pfeifle <k1pfeifle at gmx.net> wrote:

<snipped>
> I never tried it before, but you made me now do it: indeed,
> Inkscape does also import CUPS' testprint.ps file, preserves objects
> and makes them editable. Possibly the import is even faster than how
> Scribus does it  :-)

Argh, ironically, I have less success than you, and I looked it up (despite
the name of the page, it does cover inkscape's postscript import/export
support):
http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/Current_PDF_Support

It says it uses the external pstoedit or skconvert for import (and I have
neither). But I have renamed tiger.eps (shipped with ghostscript) as tiger.ai
and inkscape is quite happy editing that as an adobe illustrator file (which
it is), and I can do strange things like rotating the eye brows :-).

According to scribus's doc:
http://docs.scribus.net/index.php?lang=en&page=toolbox6

it looks as if scribus also uses pstoedit for import, so the speed
should be similiar if not identical!

Hin-Tak