[Desktop_printing] Microsoft XPS specification

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Thu Apr 20 15:52:30 PDT 2006

On Thursday 20 April 2006 22:33, Giuseppe Ghibò wrote:

> IMHO what instead we've not yet seen is a free graphical tool for Linux
> capable of editing (and modifying) EPS and PDF files

Actually, Scribus can do this.

Well, with a twist. It will import a PS or an EPS file and transform
it into its own native format, while preserving distinct objects as
distinct objects. (And after editing the PS, you can then re-export
it as PS or EPS, or as PDF even).

Works even with sophisticated hand-crafted PS code such as Mike
Sweet's CUPS test page ("/usr/share/cups/data/testprint.ps").

Cheers,
Kurt