[Desktop_printing] CUPS 1.2 will have snmp printer discovery backand :-)

McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Wed Apr 19 09:26:35 PDT 2006

Hi Michael,

Could you possibly send the man page and the web help page
as attachments to this list?

I'd like to understand exactly how the SNMP discovery backend
works and which SNMP MIB object(s) are inspected.

I wrote the Xerox and Sharp corporate standards for order
of inspection of various SNMP MIB objects during printer
discovery (prior to the standard PWG Port Monitor MIB)
and there are some subtleties across different vendors.

Cheers,
- Ira

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839