[Desktop_printing] CUPS 1.2 will have snmp printer discovery backand :-)

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Tue Apr 18 16:36:18 PDT 2006

Hi,

I'm pleased to see that Mike has (as promised at the summit), about
1 hour ago, added to CUPS-SVN an SNMP printer discovery backend  :-)
A man page is also there, and the web frontend has a reference page
too.

So all those of us who have SNMP-capable printers in our LANs should
compile the newest CUPS checkout if possible (or use Till's Mandriva
RPMs as I'm sure he will soon have ready) and give it a spin.

Cheers,
Kurt