[Desktop_printing] PDF/X + PDF/A (was: "Common statements from thesummit - list review")

Bastian, Waldo waldo.bastian at intel.com
Fri Apr 14 11:52:36 PDT 2006

>On Thursday 13 April 2006 04:40, Bastian, Waldo wrote:
>> >John Cherry wrote:
>> ><snipped>
PostScript).

>Not sure if we want to specify a detail like a certain ISO standard at
>this point....
>
>> >I am not aware of the full pdf spec itself being an iso standard,
but a
>> >subset called PDF/X is ISO 15930 .
>>
>> Is there also a subset called PDF/A ? That's the one that is
intended.

>Uhmmm... not sure if it should be the "A" extension at all.

Well.. then the ISO reference should be dropped indeed. My point was
that at the summit while we were refining these statements "PDF/A" was
called out and we were looking for the corresponding ISO reference. If
people now aren't so sure any more which exact standard should apply
here then that level of detail shouldn't go in the joint statement. The
discussion about which standard would be the right one should of course
continue in that case.

Cheers,
Waldo