[Desktop_printing] [IEEE 1284] Common statements from the sum mit - list review

McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Thu Apr 13 18:15:18 PDT 2006

Hi,

We need some more precision here, I believe, for example:

"We call upon all printer manufacturers to implement strictly
conforming IEEE 1284 Device IDs in all of their products,
both direct-connect printers (USB, Parallel, Firewire) and
network printers (via the PWG Printer Port Monitor MIB,
IEEE-ISTO PWG 5107.1, October 2005)."

Cheers,
- Ira (co-editor of PWG 5107.1)

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc