[Desktop_printing] pdf/xps document viewers & annotations

Hin-Tak Leung hintak_leung at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Apr 13 08:40:06 PDT 2006

Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> A Dimecres 12 Abril 2006 23:18, Hin-Tak Leung va escriure:
>> Bastian, Waldo wrote:
>>> You may want to ask that on the Freedesktop.org Poppler mailinglist.
>>> (See http://poppler.freedesktop.org/ )
>> FYI, I have got onto irc #poppler, and it looks like I'll be doing it
>> myself and just send poppler & Derek a patch when it is done.
>
> Hi, i'm not sure if that is what you want, as it is not me who coded it and
> the coder is out from KDE, but we on kpdf have a special branch that does
> some drawing parsing and displaying, you can try it if you want to check if
> that is what you want (mail me in private for details).

Thanks. Any tips would be useful - if there is a CVS tag I should look at,
or something, that would be great.

I am fairly sure it is not a start-from-scratch effort - xpdf currently can
do pdfmark link annotations (a.k.a. launching external web browser for url
hotspots), and pdfmark text annotation (i.e. launching a small tool-tip-like
text windows with some specific text at hot spots) is probably fairly similiar.