[Desktop_printing] Printing Summit agenda and schedule

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmx.net
Thu Mar 30 04:42:08 PST 2006

SHIDA, Keisho wrote:
> Hello John:
>
> This is Keisho Shida from Canon Inc.,
> On behalf of Free Standards Group OpenPrinting WG Asia/Japan regional team, please allow me to send our participation plan and schedule for upcoming Printing Summit.
>
> In reference to the email sent by TORATANI Yasumasa that described interesting to join with the scheduled OSDL DTL Printing Summit and several email transmissions as well as your latest agenda, we would appreciate it if you could change the subjects that scheduled to be presented/explained by our team member as follows since we may not able to join the meeting on site but via the tele-video conference system.
>
> Please change the current allocated slots as follows.  We would like to participate to the meeting with our key members from major printer vendors who have been dedicated to the API studies and sample implementations.
>
> <Proposed to change>
> MONDAY, April 10
>      1:30 PM - new agenda
>      1:45 PM - new agenda

What do you mean with this? If you want to have another topic be
presented here, please specify which topic.

> TUESDAY, April 11
>     11:30 AM - new agenda

Which topic do you want to have here?

>       2:00 PM - Special options (Robert Krawitz), GhostScript

What do mean with mentioning this one?

> TUESDAY, April 11
>      8:00 PM - Conference call (FSG OP) with Kyoto
>      8:00 PM - FSG OP Vector Driver API (Mihara)
>      8:15 PM - FSG OP Print Channel Manager API (Ide)
>      8:30 PM - FSG OP Print Status Monitoring API (FSG OP Asia/Japan team member)
>      8:40 PM - FSG OP Implementation (FSG OP Asia/Japan team member)
>                    Vector Driver, Status Monitoring, PDF Renderer
>      9:00 PM - Open discussion (including CUPS 1.2 conformance, etc.,)

I have changed this now.

> <Before change>
> MONDAY, April 10
>      1:30 PM - FSG OP Vector Driver API (Mihara)
>      1:45 PM - FSG OP Print Channel Manager API (Ide)

Here I had changed the first one to Ide, as Mihara will not be in Atlanta.

> TUESDAY, April 11
>     11:30 AM - OpenPrinting vector (OP people)

As OpenPrinting vector is a method to modularize drivers out of
GhostScript, something must be told about this subject in this session.
Should be preferrably done by Ide Kentaro (Ide, would you like to do
it?), or if Ide does not like to do it, by one of the other OP members
who are present on the Summit.

>      2:00 PM - Special options (Robert Krawitz), GhostScript,
>                   OpenPrinting conformance (OP people), ...
>
>      8:00 PM - Conference call (FSG OP) with Kyoto
>      8:00 PM - FSG OP Status Monitoring Implementation (FSG OP Asia/Japan team)
>      8:20 PM - FSG OP Vector Driver Implementation (FSG OP Asia/Japan team)
>      8:40 PM - FSG OP Print Channel Manager Implementation (FSG OP Asia/Japan
> team)
>      9:00 PM - Open discussion
>
> <Scheduled participants>
> Mihara (Fuji Xerox Printing Systems), Otani (Axe), Toratani (Canon), Yamagishi (Turbolinux),
> Ide (Seiko Epson), Kitayama (Epson Avasys), Kanjyo (BBR), Maruyama (Ricoh), Owa (Fuji Xerox),
> Shida (Canon)

OK, added to agenda.

> <Scheduled presentation and presenter>
> API
>          Print Channel Manager aka PCM (primary presenter: Ide)
>          Vector Driver (primary presenter: Mihara)
>
> Implementation
>          Status Monitor (presenter: FSG OP Asia/Japan regional team member)
>          Vector Driver (presenter: FSG OP Asia/Japan regional team member)
>          PDF Renderer (presenter: FSG OP Asia/Japan regional team member)
>
> <Slide preparation>
> Please allow us to have a little more time to prepare them.  Let us forward them to you when they are finalized.

Deadline to get into the handouts is tomorrow, John, Waldo, is it
possible to move this deadline somewhat (for example to Tuesday next week)?