[Desktop_printing] Reminder: Printing Summit Conference Call

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Thu Mar 16 12:57:56 PST 2006

Till Kamppeter wrote:
> We have moved the driver modularizing from Wednesday to here, to get all
> driver stuff together. CUPS DDK really fits better here than
> multi-language PPDs. I think it makes sense to talk about the DDK here.

Good, I'll include a demo with my presentation...

>>>         10:15 - Plug'n'Print/Auto-Install (Distro people? Till
>>>                 Kamppeter (Printerdrake)? Cristian Tibirna (KDE)?)
>>
>> Perhaps a demo?
>>

> I can do so, most impressive it would get if someone could bring a
> multi-function device from HP with fax (Dave, Shiyun). Everything it
> will work in seconds after plugging it in. But also the Lanier devices
> will do nice Plug'n'Print (but without SANE setuo for their scanners).

I'll actually be driving down, so I can bring a few printers along
with the two notebook computers I plan on bringing.

(My parents live near Charlotte, NC, which is 1/2 of the way to
  Atlanta from here - it'll make for a nice little trip/vacation for
  me... :)

> We have reordered all this. See the new schedule which will be
 > soon posted.

Looking forward to it!

>> What is the purpose of the "Special options" topic?
>>

> Need of option types not served by Adobe's PPDs, like numeric, curves, ...

That is something I can cover in the CUPS 1.2 presentation or
pull to present separately for this period.