[Desktop_printing] Portland (Was: Proposal for a more detailed agenda)

Bastian, Waldo waldo.bastian at intel.com
Wed Mar 15 22:23:15 PST 2006

Well, that's the point really. It's far from clear what kind of print
related services Portland should provide that aren't provided already by
CUPS and/or PAPI. I think the -as of yet unwritten- thought here is that
it may make sense to provide a Print Dialog as desktop service, as
opposed to providing such dialog as part of a toolkit.

Waldo Bastian
Linux Client Architect - Channel Platform Solutions Group
Intel Corporation - http://www.intel.com/go/linux
OSDL DTL Tech Board Chairman