[Desktop_printing] Proposal for a more detailed agenda

McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Wed Mar 15 14:21:05 PST 2006

<comments inline below>

Till Kamppeter wrote:

> in the organization team we have already started to work out how to
> place individual presentations in the agenda of the Printing Summit.
> Here is a proposal:
>
> MONDAY, April 10
> ----------------
>
>  1:00 PM -  It should just work - Consistent Methods, desktop service
>          1:00 - FSG OP JTAPI (Claudia Alimpich or Ira McDonald)
>          1:20 - FSG OP PAPI

<ira>
FSG OP requests that we have four overview presentations:
- FSG OP PAPI (Norm Jacobs)
- FSG OP JTAPI (Claudia Alimpich)
- FSG OP Vector Driver API (Ide Kentaro)
- FSG OP Print Channel Manager API (Ide Kentaro)
<ira>

>          1:40 - Portland (Overview and Printing)
>          2:00 - freedesktop.org
>          2:10 - OpenUsability.org
>          2:20 - KDE
>          2:30 - GNOME
>
>  Alternative Suggestion for Monday:
>
>  - Move freedesktop.org, OpenUsability.org, KDE, GNOME into working
>    lunch
>  - Move Brainstorming/Voting to 2:00pm
>

> TUESDAY, April 11
> -----------------
>

>  1:00 PM -  OpenPrinting.org implementation
>          1:00 - PAPI Implementation
>          1:15 - JTAPI Implementation (Claudia Alimpich)

<ira>
FSG OP requests that we have five implementation presentations:
- FSG OP PAPI Implementation (Norm Jacobs)
- FSG OP JTAPI Implementation (Claudia Alimpich)
- FSG OP Status Monitoring Implementation (Ide Kentaro)
- FSG OP Vector Driver Implementation (Ide Kentaro)
- FSG OP Print Channel Manager Implementation (Ide Kentaro)
</ira>

> WDYT?
> -----
>
> What do you think about this layout?

<ira>
Good layout - we reviewed it in detail during the FSG OP
International Steering Committee teleconference on Monday
</ira>

> Who would you suggest as speaker where I did not suggest a speaker?

<ira>
See our FSG OP speaker recommendations above
</ira>

> Are the time frames for the presentations OK?
>
> Too many presentations?

<ira>
Times are all short, but the material to be covered is correct.
Another printing summit in six months would be a good idea.
</ira>

> Start earlier on Tuesday and Wednesday to make schedule less tight
> (AFAIR the shuttle from the hotel arrives at 8am)?

<ira>
No - some people will rent cars and drive from their hotels.
We should not start presentations before 9am local time.
</ira>

> Note that not all items I have proposed are necessarily
> talks, but they
> can also be discussions (introduced and led by the suggested speaker).
>
> Which of the two alternatives for Monday?
>
> Suggestions for Wednesday?
>
> The discussion is opened ...

Cheers,
- Ira