[Desktop_printing] REMINDER: Preparation material for Printing Summit

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Fri Mar 10 16:08:56 PST 2006

Bastian, Waldo wrote:
>>> This is a gentle reminder to send in your presentation material for
> the
>>> Printing Summit before March 16, 2006. Presentation templates can be
>>> found at:
>>>
> http://groups.osdl.org/workgroups/dtl/desktop_architects/desktop_printin
>>>
>>> The questions in the templates are there as a guidance. You are
>>> encouraged to replace the actual questions with your own content. You
>>> may also want to send your presentation directly to the
>>> desktop_printing at osdl.org mailinglist as inspiration for others.
>> Is this template for *all* presentations, or ???
>
> Good question.
>
> I start not answering it by saying that *all* participants should send
> in a presentation based on the template. :-)
>
> I suggest that you feel free to add whatever else you want to bring up
> at the back of your presentation in the understanding that you may not
> be able to cover that at the actual summit, depending on how the actual
> agenda/schedule will look like. That will definitly help us in setting
> up the schedule and even in case that there isn't enough time to
> actually talk about it, the other participants will be able to read it.
>
> Also, once we have finalized the agenda we may want to contact some
> people for additional presentations in order to set up in-depth
> discussions towards specific topics.

Well, I guess my main point is that the template is 4 slides of
introduction material, whereas I was under the impression that I
would be presenting more in-depth information about CUPS and
various specific topics (drivers, PPD format extensions, plug-and-
play, etc.)

Or am I misunderstanding the purpose of the template?!?