[Desktop_printing] REMINDER: Preparation material for Printing Summit

John Cherry cherry at osdl.org
Fri Mar 10 16:02:07 PST 2006

On Fri, 2006-03-10 at 15:45 -0800, Bastian, Waldo wrote:
> >Bastian, Waldo wrote:
> >> This is a gentle reminder to send in your presentation material for
> the
> >> Printing Summit before March 16, 2006. Presentation templates can be
> >> found at:
> >>
> http://groups.osdl.org/workgroups/dtl/desktop_architects/desktop_printin
> >>
> >> The questions in the templates are there as a guidance. You are
> >> encouraged to replace the actual questions with your own content. You
> >> may also want to send your presentation directly to the
> >> desktop_printing at osdl.org mailinglist as inspiration for others.
> >
> >Is this template for *all* presentations, or ???
>
> Good question.
>
> I start not answering it by saying that *all* participants should send
> in a presentation based on the template. :-)
>
> I suggest that you feel free to add whatever else you want to bring up
> at the back of your presentation in the understanding that you may not
> be able to cover that at the actual summit, depending on how the actual
> agenda/schedule will look like. That will definitly help us in setting
> up the schedule and even in case that there isn't enough time to
> actually talk about it, the other participants will be able to read it.
>
> Also, once we have finalized the agenda we may want to contact some
> people for additional presentations in order to set up in-depth
> discussions towards specific topics.
>
> Comments? Suggestions?

The preparation follows the example of preparation done at the desktop
architects meeting.  See the following page for all the preparation
material for DAM.  Not everyone that prepared slides was able to
present, but all the preparation material is posted on the site and used
for handout material.  It was a great reference to have at the meeting.

http://groups.osdl.org/workgroups/dtl/desktop_architects/december_2005_meeting

John