[Desktop_printing] Usability: Printing roles, tasks and environments

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Wed Mar 8 18:00:43 PST 2006

On Thursday 09 March 2006 01:42, Kurt Pfeifle wrote:
> On Wednesday 08 March 2006 14:42, Michael Sweet wrote:

> > > Does there happen to be a demo online? and if so: could you give us a
> > > demo account where we can play a bit? :)
> >
> > I'll point you at the forthcoming CUPS 1.2 beta on cups.org for
> > now.
>
> I'll try to compile and setup an working CUPS from current SVN on
> an NX server for Ellen and the other OpenUsability.org who are
> interested to work with it

Just got it going...

And ha!, just when I was about to complain and file a bug report about
a very incomplete and a very wrong documentation page about the new
"subscriptions.conf"... I did another "svn up" and "make test", and
miraculously, http://localhost:8631/help/ref-subscriptions-conf.html
started to enlighten me.

To me it looks like CUPS-1.2 is going to rock for lots of users and
admins, especially in enterprise environments who need powerful and
plenty of capabilities.

Now let's also make it as easy and usable for home users as possible
-- this will benefit all the rest of us too, I guess.

Cheers,
Kurt