[Desktop_printing] [Unacceptable] Hotel reservations - Printi ng Summit

McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Thu Mar 2 11:13:15 PST 2006

Hi John,

Size is a good reason, for sure - but security is a much more
_important_ one.

By the way, whatever you're using to generate PDF versions,
it's a terrible tool.  Optimized PDFs are always much smaller
than their corresponding MS Word files.

Adobe Acrobat Distiller regularly turns 200KB MS Word sources
for IEEE/ISTO PWG documents into 25KB to 50KB PDF versions.

Cheers,
- Ira

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839