[Desktop_printing] [Unacceptable] Hotel reservations - Printi ng Summit

McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Thu Mar 2 10:04:31 PST 2006

Hi John,

Thanks for that plaintext form - we'll all use it.

But there's another MUCH more important reason NEVER to send
any attachment in '.doc' (MS Word) format - there are free
hacker tools out there that insert viruses into MS Word
documents and there are many insecure SMTP mail forwarding
machines in the Internet infrastructure (i.e., between senders
and receivers).

Thus, when I consulted for Xerox, sending an MS Word attachment
would result in a nasty note from their network support folks.

There is literally NEVER a good reason to exchange a document
only in MS Word format.

Cheers,
- Ira

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc