[Desktop_printing] [Unacceptable] Hotel reservations - Printi ng Summit

John Cherry cherry at osdl.org
Thu Mar 2 09:55:16 PST 2006

On Thu, 2006-03-02 at 09:32 -0800, McDonald, Ira wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> This is a Linux/open software conference!!!
>
> Forcing all of the attendees to fill out and return a form
> only in MS Word proprietary format is just plain unacceptable.

I agree with you completely.  However, the world is filled with non-OO
users and a .doc format is still the common "office" format (i.e. can be
written/read by OO).

> This is a very simple registration form that could EASILY be
> transferred in a plaintext email.

Absolutely.  I have attached a plain text form of the hotel registration
below.  This would work just fine for submitting your hotel info.

John