[Desktop_printing] Re: OSDL PS web page, agenda, and template problems

John Cherry cherry at osdl.org
Mon Feb 27 09:12:56 PST 2006

On Mon, 2006-02-27 at 10:26 +0000, Hin-Tak Leung wrote:
> --- John Cherry <cherry at osdl.org> wrote:
> <snipped>
> > Agreed.  This document was a pain to develop and a pain to keep up and
> > it is far too large to download nicely.  The intent of this document is
> > to provide a formal invitation document for those attendees that need it
> > for management approval or even foreign travel approvals.  The content
> > of this document now lives on the OSDL Printing Summit page.
>
> When was the last time you tried to apply for a visa at an embassy of
> a foreign country? That document simply won't pass the eyes of custom
> officials (particularly the US ones now after 9/11). All it says is that there
> is a event at a place - it does not state that the individual concerned
> is supposed to be present there, which is what an invitation/registration
> letter is about... that's just about the content - and we have already gone
> over the quality. The last time I saw a custom official - the french one -
> there was a question about the quality and colour of the paper on which
> one of the supporting documents were on. (it was just plain white 80 g/m^2
> and the official found unsatisfactory).

Good info.  We can probably take this off the list, but would those that
need an official invitation to apply for a visa please reply to Kathy
(keriksen at osdl.org) and I (cherry at osdl.org) right away.  We need to
determine exactly what is needed and get that out to you right away.
Time is getting short.

John