[Desktop_printing] Re: OSDL PS web page, agenda, and template problems

Hin-Tak Leung hintak_leung at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Feb 27 02:26:17 PST 2006

--- John Cherry <cherry at osdl.org> wrote:
<snipped>
> Agreed.  This document was a pain to develop and a pain to keep up and
> it is far too large to download nicely.  The intent of this document is
> to provide a formal invitation document for those attendees that need it
> for management approval or even foreign travel approvals.  The content
> of this document now lives on the OSDL Printing Summit page.

When was the last time you tried to apply for a visa at an embassy of
a foreign country? That document simply won't pass the eyes of custom
officials (particularly the US ones now after 9/11). All it says is that there
is a event at a place - it does not state that the individual concerned
is supposed to be present there, which is what an invitation/registration
letter is about... that's just about the content - and we have already gone
over the quality. The last time I saw a custom official - the french one -
there was a question about the quality and colour of the paper on which
one of the supporting documents were on. (it was just plain white 80 g/m^2
and the official found unsatisfactory).

HTL