[Desktop_printing] [roles] Updated printing summit agenda

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Mon Feb 20 10:06:39 PST 2006

McDonald, Ira wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The authoritative work on roles of printing system users was
> published 12 years ago in Printer MIB v1 (RFC 1759).  It's
> available (four pages) in 'Appendix D - Roles of Users' of
> Printer MIB v2 (RFC 3805) at:

While I agree it will be useful to refer to this work, I also
believe that printing roles have changed significantly in the
last 12 years, so limiting ourselves to the simple roles in this
document would be a mistake.  For example, there is the assumption
of an organized IT structure in RFC 3805 which is simply not present
in the vast majority of printing today.