[Desktop_printing] [roles] Updated printing summit agenda

McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Mon Feb 20 09:21:18 PST 2006

Hi,

The authoritative work on roles of printing system users was
published 12 years ago in Printer MIB v1 (RFC 1759).  It's
available (four pages) in 'Appendix D - Roles of Users' of
Printer MIB v2 (RFC 3805) at:

  ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc3805.txt

This set of roles is normatively referenced by dozens of
later IETF, IEEE, W3C, CIP4 (production printing), and other
public standards.  Using this terminology will be very
helpful for design purposes.

Cheers,
- Ira

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc