[Desktop_printing] Updated printing summit agenda

Ellen Reitmayr ellen.reitmayr at relevantive.de
Mon Feb 20 03:51:33 PST 2006

Hi,

a first 'hello' from the 'usability crew' :)

We - Celeste, Jan and me - would like to give a little background on
what we are planning to do in Atlanta.

Creating a concept for usable and intuitive printing dialogs will not be
an easy task. At this time, our knowledge regarding available and future
features is still limited. For us, coming to Atlanta is an opportunity
to clarify the questions we have, to learn about priorities of the
features, and what features are used in which context (both environment
and task related). Only if we know about the different use scenarios, we
are able to design usable and expandable dialogs. In order to do so,
we'll need your input.

On Monday (3pm), we'll have an initial talk/presentation of what we are
going to do during the three days, the considerations we've made so far,
etc., and we will discuss this with all members of the meeting.

During the rest of the time, we'll work in a separate room. Based on the
input we get by you, we will create designs for printing dialogs in
different use scenarios. For example, an administrator in a large
company requires other possibilities than a home user.

We'll try to create a concept that considers different use scenarios,
but is still extensible. We'll need to bug you with questions and input
from time to time ;-) Perfect would be 1 or 2 people who work with us
permanently...

In the daily summary, we'll present our current design considerations,
and on day 3 hopefully a complete design (the quality of our work very
much depends on the information we collect during the meeting).

We are looking forward to the meeting,
Ellen