[Desktop_printing] Current registrations for the printing sum mit

Hin-Tak Leung hintak_leung at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Feb 19 14:34:26 PST 2006

McDonald, Ira wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please note that this limit of 50 is the capacity size of the main
> room at the facility that Ricoh/Lanier has generously donated!
>
> If this conference overflows that facility, it may have to move
> to commercial conference rooms (which would be VERY expensive).
>
> The IEEE-ISTO PWG could possibly help, by co-sponsoring, which
> would allow the conference to take place at an IEEE facility
> (free meeting rooms).  If organizers are interested in exploring
> this option, PLEASE contact Harry Lewis (IBM, chair of PWG) very
> soon.
>
> Cheers,
> - Ira

What I meant was, unless hosting events in US works very differently
compared to hosting in Europe (e.g. a lot of people decide to do "last-minute"
cross-city driving to attend), the number 24 is actually quite expected.
It would be nice to have a few more, but personally I am not expecting
a substantially larger number. Maybe you can ask Till how many
turned up in past events to have a general ideas of what to expect.

HTL