[Desktop_printing] Current PCL laser drivers are SLOOOOWW!

Hin-Tak Leung hintak_leung at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Feb 18 16:56:09 PST 2006

TORATANI Yasumasa wrote:
> Hi,
> On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 16:16:45 +0100
> Till Kamppeter <till.kamppeter at gmx.net> wrote:
>
>> Please tell me when there is a version with translated comments, so I
>> can recommend this code to people asking me how to do best to write a
>> driver.
>
> I've forwarded the mail to opfc project mailing list, and will have an opfc
> f2f meeting next Friday, so please wait for a while..

I suppose if nobody want to translate, or want a helping hand in proof-reading,
I can help. (I can read and understand a fair bit of Japanese, being of
Chinese origin, and I know the HP PCL-6/XL spec well enough having read
it cover-to-cover a couple of time and written a printer driver with it,
and have some rough ideas about how PCL5 works...).

HTL