[Desktop_printing] PPD settings vs IPP options

McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Wed Feb 15 09:43:49 PST 2006

Hi Michael,

But if your GUI is _based_ on PPDs (as seems to be the concensus
on this mailing list - not my first choice), then the dynamically
discovered published IPP Printer object attributes have to be
converted into a PPD for the local API interface - limiting the
presented choices in that PPD for paper sizes implies an expert
piece of conversion software, it seems.

Cheers,
- Ira

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc