[Desktop_printing] Current PCL laser drivers are SLOOOOWW!

Osamu MIHARA mihara.osamu at fxpsc.co.jp
Tue Feb 14 20:40:43 PST 2006

Hi,

As to the PCL vector driver information, please refer Toratani-san's
post.  The PCL vector driver uses PCL5/HPGL vector feature.  If my
memory is correct, PCL5 does not contains vector feature, but HPGL does.
The driver should be much faster than old PCL raster drivers.

You can download RPMs from sourceforge.jp site, as Toratani-san written.
  Also source code is available through sourceforge.jp CVS server.

We, OpenPrinting Japan team, had been trying to develop a PCL6 (or
PCL/XL) driver, but the specification for PCL6 is not OPEN for public
(although it may be well known among the HP's competitors;) So, we did
use PCL5/HPGL instead.
--
Osamu MIHARA // Fuji Xerox Printing Systems Co.,Ltd.