[Desktop_printing] How to make a good GUI for page overrides

McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Tue Feb 14 10:06:45 PST 2006

Hi,

See IEEE-ISTO PWG "Standard IPP Page Overrides" (PWG 5100.6-2003)
in the directory:

  ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/candidates

in the file:

  cs-ipppageoverride10-20031031-5100.6.pdf

NOTE:  This document _obsoletes_ and replaces the former document
PWG 5100.4-2001, which is NOT compatible and is also NOT supported
by any shipping printer implementations.

Both CIP4 JDF and PWG standard job ticket formats already support
page overrides and several printer vendors now have shipping
implementations.

The FSG Open Printing Job Ticket API/1.0 could very easily be
extended to support parsing and building of page overrides.

Cheers,
- Ira

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839