[Desktop_printing] Re: [Printing-architecture] Printing Summit memo (for tomorrow sc meeting)

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Wed Feb 8 23:50:00 PST 2006

Regarding colourmanagement, Peter Linnel pointed allready out only RGB
seems supported by SVG, as well as I read. Most DTP applications would be
outruled without CMYK++ support.

DeviceColors and named colours are just mentioned to come in SVG 1.2.
But these are allowed only for vector elements.

For pixel images one is limited to jpg/png which is not sufficient for
printing. Tiff would be on candidate to include as it is allreay a widely
accepted print format.

regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
                                + development for color management