[Desktop_printing] CUPS code quality ...

McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Thu Feb 2 11:00:59 PST 2006

Hi,

[for context] PAPI is the FSG Open Printing standard PAPI/1.0 (July
2005) at:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/fsg/spool/papi-v1.0-2005-07-15.pdf

There have been complete open source reference implementations for
several years.  Norm Jacobs (Sun, chair of FSG Open Printing) has
PAPI supporting IPP and LPR on Solaris and is the principal current
maintainer of the PAPI specification and source.

Input for extensions to PAPI/1.0 is welcome (we're looking at
Capabilities now, which means PPD parsing, etc.).

Cheers,
- Ira (for FSG/OP International Steering Committee)

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839
phone: +1-906-494-2434
email: imcdonald at sharplabs.com