[Desktop_printing] Re: [Inkjet-list] What happened to ijs spec v1.0?

Bastian, Waldo waldo.bastian at intel.com
Tue Jan 31 08:44:49 PST 2006

Yes, I think it's useful to create a clear understanding among all
parties of the status, advantages and disadvantages of the different
driver APIs as well as future plans for such APIs.

Waldo Bastian
Linux Client Architect - Channel Platform Solutions Group
Intel Corporation - http://www.intel.com/go/linux

HP's
>> activities on HPIJS which has a couple of very useful additions to
the
>> public IJS but otherwise is identical.
>>
>> I keep encouraging the Ghostscript folks to complete the 1.0
>specification
>> and hope other will join me.
>>
>> IJS does offer the advantage of a very small print client which can
be
>> directly embedded in applications (for embedded solutions).  The IJS
>service
>> concept allows for complete separation of proprietary driver software
>from
>> GNU open-source - important to some developers.  The IJS service
concept
>> also allows for simple update by driver software independent of the
>client
>> application and/or print spoolers.
>>
>> I hope that even though IJS is not yet version 1.0, that it continues
>be
>> supported by the Linux print community.
>>
>> glen

Sweet