[Desktop_printing] FW: How to imbed Job Tickets in PDF

McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Thu Jan 26 10:28:35 PST 2006

Hi Uli,

There already _are_ open standard XML-based job tickets:

(a) CIP4 JDF - since 2000 -
(b) PWG PrintJobTicket - since 2004

The FSG Open Printing Job Ticket API specifies a complete
C-language API (with the C headers and UML diagrams) for
accessing a superset of all the job processing attributes
that can be submitted in an IPP/1.1 (RFC 2911) print job.
FSG/OP Job Ticket API v1.0 is in the directory:

  ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/fsg/jobticket/JTAPI_Spec
                                               ^ underscore
in the file:

  fsg-openprinting-job-ticket-api-v0100-20050315.pdf

_please_ don't reinvent the wheel again.

Cheers,
- Ira

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839