[Desktop_printing] Multi-Language PPD files and PPD file specs

George Liu george.liu at ussj.ricoh.com
Thu Jan 19 09:06:20 PST 2006

> at which point SNMP would be the differentiator (and Apple has some
stuff we'll be adding into the standard CUPS PPD extensions for this,
mapping
installed options to SNMP stuff...)

I think Apple's SNMP approach has many limitations which made it
unpractical. (based on Apple SNMP auto-detect installable options v 0.1,
I have talked to them and filed a bug 4278696. It's still open)

Is it open for discussion before you can make it a "standard" or in this
particular case, we have to follow Apple's lead?

George