[Desktop_printing] Multi-Language PPD files and PPD file specs

George Liu george.liu at ussj.ricoh.com
Wed Jan 18 12:36:44 PST 2006

Michael,

I believe the current version of CUPS checks locale and automatically
update Default Paper size to Letter/A4 depends on the region.

Will that be something visible in the new multi-language PPD files?

After the printer queue has been created, how does the PPD files in
/etc/cups/ppd look like? Will it just contain the correct language
version? I think kprinter is using its own PPD parser.

For the punch unit, there's different punch hole settings like US2, US3,
Japan2, Japan3, EU4, NorthEU4.

Do you have any thought on these?

Thanks
George