[Desktop_printing] Multi-Language PPD files and PPD file specs

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Wed Jan 18 05:17:46 PST 2006

Johannes Meixner wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Jan 17 13:09 Michael Sweet wrote (shortened):
>> http://svn.easysw.com/public/cups/trunk/doc/help/spec-ppd.html
>
> In the "Custom PostScript gamma/density option" example I don't
> understand the "command" entry. Shouldn't the "command" include
> "\order" placeholders like "\1" and "\2"?

No, PostScript commands will get the parameters added before the
code, for example a custom GammaDensity={Gamma=1.2 Density=0.6}
would get mapped to the following PostScript code:

     1.2 0.6
     <</cupsReal1 3 1 roll/cupsReal2 3 1>>setpagedevice

> In the "Specify a default profile for printing at all other
> resolutions and media types" example shouldn't there be
> only two '.' i.e.:
> *cupsICCProfile ../Default: "vendor/foo-default.icc"

Yes, sorry.  Fixed now...

> Wouldn't it be a more consistent syntax to use '-' as wildcard:
> *cupsICCProfile -.-.-/Default: "vendor/foo-default.icc"

Perhaps, however this is how Apple has implemented things since
MacOS X 10.3...